Medium to Advanced Acrylics - Curbside Pick-up Materials
Come learn advance color theory, advanced concepts in brushwork, professional practices in finishing and displaying artwork, and leave the class with a finished landscape painting on a gallery wrapped canvas.
Materials for curbside pick-up, select pick up time here: https://calendly.com/kelleyc/material-kit-pick-up
For shipping materials, go here.
4-week course (12 hours of instruction)
- August 8 - August 29, every Saturday
- 10:30am - 1:30pm
Over this 4-week course we will learn & discuss:
- Advanced color theory concepts
- Modern art movements and what we can learn from art history
- Advanced concepts in brushwork
- Choosing good reference images
- Professional practices in finishing and displaying artwork
- Leave this class with a finished landscape painting on a gallery-wrapped canvas!
- Four sessions of 2-hour instruction, demo, and practice
- Limited class size for hands-on instruction
- All materials you will need during class, including paints, brushes, paper, canvas, and more
- Optional projects to work on at home to continue your practice in-between the times we meet
Who is this course suitable for?
Individuals who have taken Danika’s Beginning Acrylics course or have prior experience painting with acrylics.
Questions about whether this class is right for you? Contact Danika:
Discussion: Advanced color concepts: Utilizing warm vs. cool colors + color schemes
Project: Painting exercises using arbitrary color schemes + warm/cool contrast
Discussion: Crash-course in modern art history
Instruction: Using brushstrokes to define your personal style
Project: Value study with a focus on brushwork and style
Discussion: Using Design Principles + Composition to select a good reference image
Project: Begin working on final painting
Discussion: Displaying, hanging, and finishing your work like a pro
Project: Complete final painting
Paint - 5 tubes professional paint
Gallery-wrapped stretched canvas
About the Instructor:
Landscape painter Danika Ostrowski lives and works in Austin, Texas developing her
nationally-exhibited body of work and creating commissioned paintings. Her work takes her across the county to paint and find inspiration in public lands. Danika has been invited as an artist-in-residence to multiple National Parks and been identified as top emerging talent by Southwest Art magazine and Western Art Collector.